Dr. Jeffrey Kenkel, a board-certified plastic surgeon, is professor and chair of the department of plastic surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He is the director of the Clinical Center for Cosmetic Laser Treatment. He is past president of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Dallas Society of Plastic Surgery. He is actively involved in the education of plastic surgeons, residents, and students around the world and has authored many peer-reviewed publications. He focuses his practice on cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body.
Dr. Kenkel has authored more than 150 peer-reviewed publications and numerous book chapters and co-authored a book on ultrasound-assisted liposuction. His research focuses primarily on laser and light-based devices and their tissue interaction, as well as safety surrounding body-contouring procedures. He and the team at UT Southwestern has developed a noninvasive imaging center to help assess the aging process and the effect of devices on aging.
He performs a wide array of both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Eyelift (Blepharoplasty)
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss
- Cosmetic Injectables
Dr. Kenkel was born and raised in the Washington, D.C., area before moving to Dallas more than 20 years ago. He is married to his wife, Suzanne, and they have enjoyed raising their son and daughter, Matthew and Ashley. His outside interests include golf, hockey, CrossFit, music, and nutrition. The Kenkels are avid animal lovers. They have rescued several dogs around the DFW area and volunteer as a family at the DFW Humane Society. Dr. Kenkel has been a Team Physician for the Dallas Stars since 1996.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Clinician of the Year 2015, 2017. UTSW
- ASAPS Jerome R. Klingbell Award for Dedication to Teaching, 2013
- America’s Top Doctors 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Top 1% of physicians by U.S. News & World Report, 2012
- Best Doctors U.S. News & World Report, 2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Fritz Barton Jr., Teaching Award, UTSW 2012
- Best Doctors in Dallas 2012, 2013, 2014
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- D Magazine Best Doctors in Dallas, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Who’s Who in America 2009,12
- The Ted Lockwood Award for Excellence in Body Contouring, 2009
- Best Doctors in America 2005-2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Texas Super Doctors, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2015, 2016
- Holder of the Rod J. Rohrich, M.D. Distinguished Professorship in Wound Healing and Plastic Surgery, 2005
- Outstanding Mentoring for Plastic Surgery Research at UT Southwestern, 2003
- Plastic Surgery Resident’s Excellence in Teaching Award 1996
- Chief Resident Teaching Award presented by fellow residents for outstanding resident education, 1994
- Student Teaching Award presented by the Medical School Class of 1993
- The Marie J. Simonian Award for Outstanding Resident Clinical Presentation, 1992
- Outstanding Service as a Resident at the District of Columbia General Hospital, 1991
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1989
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS), Fellow (2005-present)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS), Fellow (2000-present)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Member (2000-present), President (2011), Board Member (2005 – present), Secretary (2007-2009)
- American Society for Education and Research Foundation (ASERF), (2005-2008,2009) Treasurer, (2006-07)
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. (ASLMS), Member (2005-present)
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery (AACPS), Associate Member (1998-present)
- Dallas Society of Plastic Surgeons (DSPS), Past President, 2004
- Dallas County Medical Society (DCMS)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons (TSPS)
Authored over 150 scientific articles and textbook chapters on lasers, facial and body contouring surgery.
Editor, “Selected Readings in Plastic Surgery” SRPS is the most up-to-date teaching tool for plastic surgeons in training and in practice in the United States and thirty-eight foreign countries.
Associate Editor Aesthetic Surgery Journal