Richard Bowman, M.D.
Plano, TX 75093 | Get Directions
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2016)
- Best Doctors: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2015)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2015)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2014)
- Best Doctors: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2014)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2013)
- Best Doctors: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2013)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2012)
- Best Doctors: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2012)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2011)
- Best Doctors: Cardiothoracic Surgery (2011)
- Best Doctors: Vascular Surgery (2009)
From the Doctor (Sponsored)
Dr. Bowman has performed cardiac, vascular, and thoracic surgeries in Plano and the North Texas area since 1989. He obtained his medical degree from UCLA, where he graduated magna cum laude and received the award as the most outstanding surgery student in his graduating class. He obtained his general and vascular surgery training at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School from 1982 to 1987. From 1987 to 1989, he trained in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery plus heart transplant surgery at The Texas Heart Institute with Dr. Denton Cooley, one of the pioneers of heart surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
Dr. Bowman has one of the largest series of successful carotid artery surgeries in Dallas-Fort Worth and is experienced in using stent-grafts to repair aortic aneurysms. He has performed thousands of heart, thoracic (lung), and vascular operations in Plano. He has performed more than 100 heart transplants in Houston and at Medical City. He is also experienced in the VNUS Closure procedure, a minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins.
Dr. Bowman has been recognized as one of the Best Doctors in Dallas in D Magazine every year since 2000. He is the author or co-author of multiple articles in medical journals and medical textbooks. He accepts most major insurance plans as well as Medicare.
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano
- Baylor Regional Medical Center of Plano
- Baylor Frisco Medical Center
- Medical Center of Plano
- Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- Medical Center of McKinney
- Baylor Grapevine Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Link
- BlueChoice Solutions Network
- Healthcare Advantage
- Texan First
- Texas True Choice