Location5900 Bishop Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75205 | Get Directions
The Meadows Museum may be the next best thing to a trip to Spain. Inspired by hours spent fawning over art at the Prado Museum in Spain, oil tycoon Algur Meadows donated enough money to Southern Methodist University in 1962 to construct the museum, which today holds one of the most complete collections of Spanish art anywhere except, well, Spain.
Located in a new building on the edge of the SMU campus, the Meadows Museum boasts a broad spectrum of art from the 10th to the 21st centuries, including works from masters El Greco, Picasso, Goya, and Miró. After undergoing renovation, the plaza and sculpture garden outside the museum reopened in late 2009, housing several modern and contemporary sculptures, including Santiago Calatrava’s perpetually moving Wave.
The Meadows Museum also hosts lectures, discussions, concerts, and interactive events, including Drop in Art on select Saturdays, a free event that allows guests to celebrate sculpture by making some three-dimensional art of their own. Guided tours of the museum cost a modest fee and require a reservation three weeks in advance for groups of 10 to 60. We recommend jumping on the free tours offered every Sunday at 2 pm or Thursday at 6:30 pm.
- The Spanish Gesture: Drawings from Murillo to Goya in the Kunsthalle, Hamburg July 27, 2014
- The Spanish Gesture: Drawings from Murillo to Goya in the Kunsthalle, Hamburg July 29, 2014
- The Spanish Gesture: Drawings from Murillo to Goya in the Kunsthalle, Hamburg July 30, 2014
- The Spanish Gesture: Drawings from Murillo to Goya in the Kunsthalle, Hamburg August 1, 2014
- The Spanish Gesture: Drawings from Murillo to Goya in the Kunsthalle, Hamburg August 2, 2014
- Sunday: noon - 5pm
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 5pm
- Thursday: 10am - 8pm
- Friday: 10am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 5pm
- Catering Allowed
- Group Tours
- Kid Friendly
- On-site Dining
- Pet Friendly
- Wheelchair Accessible
Price of Admission
- $8 for adults, $6 for seniors 65+, $4 for students, children 12 and under get in free.
- Private Lot