Bath House Cultural Center
Location521 E. Lawther Dr.
Dallas, TX 75218 | Get Directions
Bath House Cultural Center first opened its doors in 1930 as an actual bathhouse for the thousands of people who came to swim in White Rock Lake. After closing in 1953 when swimming was discontinued at the lake, the Bath House Cultural Center was reopened in 1981 with the support of neighborhood arts activists.
Now the Bath House Cultural Center is home to a 116-seat black box theater, three galleries, the White Rock Lake Museum, and other gathering places. The Bath House hosts numerous art exhibitions, theater and dance performances, literature and poetry readings, and other local events. It is also the host venue of the annual Festival of Independent Theatres (FIT).