Paul Saputo is the principal attorney at Saputo Law Firm, PLLC. Mr. Saputo focuses his practice on litigation related to state and federal criminal prosecutions, including criminal defense, civil asset forfeiture, criminal appellate and corporate advisory matters. He has represented clients in over 60 state and federal courts throughout Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Saputo has handled numerous high-profile and high-stakes defense matters, including the accused shooter in the Dallas police shooting in 2016, one of the accused bikers in the Waco Twin Peaks Biker incident, and many more cases that have garnered local media attention. He has obtained numerous notable victories
in both state and federal criminal defense matters.
Mr. Saputo has received numerous awards for his work, including recognition from Super Lawyers®, D Magazine, and the AVVO Client’s Choice Award for excellent client service in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Mr. Saputo graduated from Duke University School of Law and is admitted before all Texas state courts, all Texas courts of appeal, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, the Supreme Court of Texas, the United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, as well as Federal District Courts in the Northern District of Texas, Western District of Texas and Western District of Oklahoma.
Mr. Saputo is actively involved in his legal community. He has contributed to various media publications and belongs to professional organizations, including the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
- Criminal Defense:Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI:DUI/DWI
Honors and Awards:
- Criminal Defense: White Collar:White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Rated in the Following Practice Areas: Criminal Law - State Level Crimes Verified Experience Peer Recommended Spotless Record, Lead Counsel Rated, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- D Magazine’s 2018 Best Lawyers Under 40 List
- One of the Three Best Rated Criminal Defense Lawyers in Dallas
- 2018 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- 2019 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Courts of Appeal
- Texas Supreme Court
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Bar College
- Member, Texas Bar Association