This location has closed.
Photography By Lisa Means
From the Owner (Sponsored)
Located on 60 acres in the heart of McKinney, MCA is an interdenominational, college-preparatory school. McKinney Christian Academy has been building up Christian leaders and honoring Jesus Christ by teaching students to live biblically through education of mind, body, and spirit since 1992. Current enrollment at MCA is 625 in grades Pre-K through 12th.
MCA is accredited by AdvancED and Association of Christian School International (ACSI). Ten MCA students were named National Merit Commended Scholars in the past five years, with one National Merit Scholar and one National Hispanic Scholar. In addition to training students to be living witnesses to Almighty God, an education from MCA also provides:
- A rigorous, college preparatory education with 100 percent of graduating seniors matriculating to college or gap year programs
- Academic rigor enabling students to far exceed state and national averages on ACT/SAT (one-third of the class
of 2017 scored in the top 10 percent nationwide)
- Fine arts programs that include art, band, choir, theatre, and graphic design
- Athletic programs for all grade levels. Sports include baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, softball, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
- Honors and advanced course offerings to include four Advanced Placement courses (up to 22 college credit
hours and seven dual-credit courses (21 college credit hours). The graduating class of 2017 earned 574 college credit hours from MCA courses.
- Hands-on mission work within the community, outside the state, and in other countries annually for upper school students
- A Directed Studies program for students with mild to moderate learning differences
A commitment to excellence and emphasis on spiritual growth are the principles that have sustained McKinney Christian Academy for more than 25 years. MCA invites you to schedule a campus tour or attend an information session.
Let this business know you found them on D Magazine's Online Directories.