Wade McClure is a long-time Texas trial lawyer that specializes in complex commercial litigation, including business break-up or business divorce cases, minority shareholder oppression cases, real estate investment disputes, and other investment fraud and fiduciary duty litigation.
Wade is a seasoned trial lawyer who is one of the few attorneys in the country to be Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations,
the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Mr. McClure is a member of the Dallas Bar Foundation, the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, the American Bar Association, the Cherokee Nation Bar Association, the Texas Bar Foundation, and the State Bar of Texas.
For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Counseling regarding LLC Member Disputes
- State Bar of Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Law
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law
- State Bar of Oklahoma, 1986
Distinctions & Certifications
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Tort: Personal Injury Defense (2015 – 2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2021 – 2022)
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2003-2007, 2009-2022)
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA). The LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
- Obtained a TRO and Temporary Injunction for 1200 investor/members of 15 Limited Liability Companies removing current manager from management of the LLCs (currently on Appeal)
- Successfully defend manager of LLC of multifamily property from allegations of misconduct and misapplication of funds.
- Successfully resolved breach of fiduciary duty cases involving owners of closely held companies where the shareholders were family members.
- Successfully resolved breach of fiduciary duty cases involving owners of closely held companies where the shareholders were also involved in romantic relationships.
- Represented corporation and majority shareholders in lawsuits alleging breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represented minority shareholders in lawsuits and disputes against a corporation and its majority shareholders for breach of fiduciary and other duties owed to minority shareholders.
- Represented companies in arbitration concerning allegations of improper investment offering and suitability issues.
- Represented companies in fraud and fraudulent inducement litigation.
- Obtained unanimous take-nothing defense jury verdict in a products liability case for a smoke alarm company in an East Texas case involving a fire in a mobile home which resulted in the deaths of four children and a grandmother.
- Received a dismissal before trial in a product liability case for a gas odorant product manufacturer in an Oklahoma case involving a fatal gas explosion.
- Successfully resolved product liability cases in far west Texas involving an explosion and fire at an oil refinery plant.
- Successfully tried cases throughout Texas for elevator and escalator manufacturers in product liability disputes.
- Successfully resolved OSHA investigations and cases for manufacturing clients.
- Successfully resolved a trade secrets disputes involving the alleged theft of a trade secret by a former employee of the product manufacturer.
- Successfully resolved a trade secrets disputes involving the design of a new product.
- Texas Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation and Dallas Bar Foundation
- Cherokee Nation Bar Association
Publications & Speeches
- Co-Author, “Full Disclosure: Reducing Risk for LLC Managers, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (June 2021)
- Co-Author, "Getting around Ritchie";Choice-of-Law in Minority Oppression Claims, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (July 2019)
- Co-Author, “Informal Fiduciary Relationships: Can Trust Heighten Duties?”; Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (October 2008)
- Author, “The Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Provisions” (September, 2008)
- Presenter, “The Choosing and Courting a Jury Course,” TexasBarCLE (March, 2011)