Some divorces are destined to become legal battles. Jim Mueller has earned a reputation as the lawyer you want representing you in a highly litigious divorce. He spent the last decade honing his expertise in family law, focused on complex divorce, high-asset property division and custody battles. Jim is board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been inducted into the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as one of its youngest members ever. He is also managing partner of Verner Brumley Mueller Parker, one of the largest family law firms in Texas.
Jim approaches all his divorce cases with the goal of helping clients divide their assets without unnecessarily dividing the family, especially where the interests of children are concerned. Even as the field of family law grows increasingly complex, Jim is well-versed in the wide range of issues involved and is able to simplify the facts.
Jim’s reputation for honesty and integrity serves clients well in skillfully negotiating with opposing counsel to resolve cases. His courtroom experience also helps him to lead clients through the litigation process while managing their expectations. He has successfully litigated complex property cases and child custody matters before juries and judges in Dallas, Collin, Denton and surrounding counties throughout Texas. In every case, Jim strives to protect the client’s interests and assets, while providing valuable counsel. Jim’s expertise includes cases involving business valuation, complex tracing of assets, closely held business interests, characterization of property, child custody, relocation, protective orders, contempt, enforcement, modifications and pre- and post-marital agreements.
He is AV-Preeminent 4.8 out of 5.0, by Martindale-Hubbell, in both legal ability and ethical standards. He has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America by Woodward White, and he was selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars and then for Texas Super Lawyers, both published by Thomson Reuters in Texas Monthly Magazine. The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys recognized Jim as one of the top 10 family law attorneys in Texas under 40, and he was chosen for membership in the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40. He was also named to the list of Top 100 Lawyers in Texas by The National Advocates and 10 Best Under 40 by The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Jim has been elected President by The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, which you can read more about here.
Jim received his bachelor’s degree magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Rhodes College and graduated cum laude from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University.
We can assist you in the following services:
Southern Methodist University School of Law
, cum laude
- Law Review: SMU Science and Technology Law Review, Administrative Director and Editor
, magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Psychology
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Honors and Awards:
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- AV-Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2011-2012
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, Woodward White, 2014-2017
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc., Top 10 Family Lawyers under 40 in Texas
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers, 2014-2015
- The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best under 40, 2014
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Board Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Council Member
- The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, President, 2015 – Present
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Collaborative Family Solutions, Member
- Collin County Young Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2013 – 2014
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Collaborative Professionals of Dallas, Member
- Collin County Young Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member
- Collin County Bar Association, Member, 2011 – 2012
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member