This location has closed.
From the Lawyer (Sponsored)
Janet Brumley is particularly interested in collaborative law and has written a book on the subject called “Divorce without Disaster: Collaborative Law in Texas” and trains other lawyers in Texas and across the nation in collaborative practice. She has been interviewed and cited in numerous newspaper articles and television programs on the subject of collaborative practice and has served as the chair of the Dallas Alliance of Collaborative Family Lawyers. As a family law litigator, she has seen the damage litigation wreaks on Texas families and has eagerly embraced collaborative law for handling family law matters outside the courthouse. Her enormous caseload of successfully negotiated collaborative law matters has reinforced her belief in this process.
As a wife, mother and grandmother, she is committed to the advancement in law of the sanctity of the family. It is her belief that although divorce may be the best and inevitable answer between husband and wife, the family unity needs to be restructured, not destroyed. Too frequently the enmity incurred by the process of litigation destroys the last remnants of the family unit held together by the parents for the sake of the children.
Janet Brumley is also trained in mediation and serves as a mediator for both litigation and collaborative law cases.
We can assist in the following services:
Memphis State University School of Law
- Moot Court Board, National Moot Court Team, Outstanding Oral Advocate
- Order of the Barristers
Memphis State University
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1994
Honors and Awards:
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys®
- AV Rated Preeminent, 5.0 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Family Law, by D Magazine
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas, by D Magazine
- Best Personal Lawyers in Dallas, by D Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America, Woodward White, 2007-2017
- Texas Super Lawyers, by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2016
- Texas Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Attorneys in Texas, by Thomson Reuters
- Texas Super Lawyers, Top 100 Attorneys in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Region, by Thomson Reuters
- Dallas Alliance of Collaborative Family Lawyers, Charter Member
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas, Board Member, 2007 – 2011
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- Academy of Family Mediators, Member
- College of State Bar, State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Past Member, Grievance Committee, Region 6
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Board of Trustees, Past Member, Methodist Medical Center of Dallas, Texas
- Parishioner, Church of the Incarnation Episcopal Church, Dallas, Texas
Let this lawyer know you found them on D Magazine's Online Directories.