Dr. Safoora “Sophie” Harandi, maintains the highest level of medical proficiency through constant and rigorous training. As a board-certified physician, I believe that the art of medicine is profoundly and immutably connected to the gentle and caring heart of the true healer. With that in mind, utilizing my advanced medical skills and years of experience, I focus on positive outcomes for you. I believe that, hand-in-hand, we can achieve and maintain your better health - and improve the quality of your life.
As a person, I am an interested and sympathetic listener. I go to great lengths to understand your exact concerns, to better confront your unique medical challenges. And, whenever possible, I tailor my methods and techniques to your particular needs, concerns, desires, and expectations.
After having graduated with honors from medical school (finishing in the top one percent of her class), Dr. Harandi was invited to perform research in Interventional Cardiology at the prestigious Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, where she interned and completed a residency in Internal Medicine. During her residency training, she ranked second in the highly-respected Fourth Dallas ACP-ASIM Associates Abstract Presentations, a competition in the depiction of operative therapies for coronary arterial aneurisms.
After she passed her licensing exams in 2000, she started practicing Internal Medicine. In 2001, she also accepted a position as the Medical Director of the Clyde W. Cosper State Veterans’ Home, where she cared for critically and terminally ill U.S. military veterans.
Dr. Harandi started her own practice in Plano, TX in 2004.
Here are some other important things you might like to know about Dr. Harandi.
- Dr. Harandi is a member of the American College of Physicians.
- Dr. Harandi is on the medical staff at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Plano.
- Dr. Harandi is an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at University of North Texas Health and Science Center in Fort Worth.
- Dr. Harandi was recognized by a group of her peers for her outstanding practice of Internal Medicine, and she received a Top-Ten Doctor Award from Vitals, a patient-feedback forum (2013).
- Dr. Harandi was recognized as a Best-of-Plano Internal Medicine Practitioner (2013, 2014, 2015).
- Dr. Harandi is included in the Who’s Who of Top Doctors, Honor Edition.
- Dr. Harandi is recognized as an American Top Physician by the Consumer’s Research Council of America (2009, 2014, 2017, and 2018).
- Dr. Harandi regularly attends National Primary Care update meetings at renowned institutions like the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School.
- Business Hall of Fame - Internal Medicine Practitioners – Best of Plano 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Expert Network Distinguished Doctor 2016
- Best of Plano 2017 - Internist
Services encompass all aspects of medical evaluation and diagnosis protocol, treatment, disease prevention and health maintenance, including:
- Adult-patient medical history analyses and physical examinations
- Medical weight-loss management, utilizing state-of-the-art Body Composition Scale testing, individualized diet programs, HCG Diet, and prescription medications
- “Well-woman,” female-specific check-ups, including hormonal testing, assessment and treatment
- Male impotence and hormonal evaluation and treatment
- Cholesterol testing and management
- Carotid ultrasound testing
- Arterial and vascular studies of the neck and extremities
- Asthma testing, evaluation and treatment
- Allergy testing, evaluation and treatment
- Thyroid testing (TSH)
- Confidential testing for the AIDS virus (HIV) and Hepatitis A, B and C
- Testing for and immunization against dangerous diseases, including influenza, diphtheria, tetanus (tDap), shingles, pneumonia and hepatitis
- Vision and hearing screenings
Physician-performed skincare treatments, including:
- Botox and other wrinkle fillers
- Physician-only dispensed topical products
- Prescription medications
- Microdermabrasion and Acid Peel
- Laser Hair-removal
To contact us today click here!
Click here to like us on Facebook!