The Dallas Trade Mart opened in 1958 as the third of four buildings in the Dallas Market Center, the most complete wholesale marketplace in the world. It has been expanded five times since then, making the Trade Mart more than 1 million square feet. During the 1959 expansion the first practical use of the atrium was included. Now called the Grand Pavilion, the atrium features the country’s largest indoor marketplace pond.
The five-story building houses hundreds of showrooms featuring gifts, decorative accents, lighting, and stationery. Dallas Trade Mart hosts many special events, including the Dallas Fashion Awards gala and the ARTS Awards gala.