Blues Jean Bar
- Readers' Choice: Best Place to Buy Jeans (2012)
- Best of Big D: Best Place to Buy Jeans (2011)
- Readers' Choice: Best Place to Buy Jeans (2011)
- Best of Big D: Best Place to Buy Jeans (2010)
- Readers' Choice: Best Place to Buy Jeans (2010)
The concept here is pretty simple. Tell the Blues Jean bartender the cut and color of denim you seek, and she pulls from the behind-the-bar-counter stash according to your needs, eliminating the often-frustrating dilemma of trying on pair after pair of pants and leaving empty-handed. You’ll find Joes, Genetic, and Seven, but a few new lines have been added, such as DL1961, a denim with four-way stretch that allows the wearer to be rough-and-tumble while the fabric keeps its shape, and celebrity fave Fidelity. One more new development: Bindi caftans. In both above-the-knee and floor-length versions, these dresses inspired by the traditional African gown come in ethnic-inspired prints and an updated silhouette that can be modified with an empire-waist drawstring. Every Friday from 4 to 6 pm, come in and enjoy a free beer happy hour and get 10 percent off your purchase.