Lisa Blue Ph.D.,J.D.
Area of PracticeTort & Product Liability
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Tort Product & Medical Liability Litigation: Plaintiff (2014)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Tort, Product & Medical Liability Litigation (2013)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Tort & Product Liability (2012)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2011)
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2010)
From the Lawyer (Sponsored)
Ms. Blue, a lawyer with the Dallas firm Baron and Blue, received her undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia and two masters degrees from the University of Virginia in Counseling Psychology. After a brief teaching career, she returned to school and earned a PhD degree in Counseling Psychology from North Texas State University and a Juris Doctorate from the South Texas College of Law.
After completing law school, Ms. Blue joined the Dallas County District Attorney’s office where she prosecuted more than 125 cases to verdict and later advanced to the DA’s Organized Crime Division. In 1985, she moved to the law firm Baron & Budd where she specialized in environmental and toxic tort law. Lisa and her husband, Fred Baron, supervised 800+ employees and managed all financial aspects at Baron & Budd, the largest environmental law firm in the United States.
Over the duration of her legal career, she has earned over $350 million in winning verdicts and millions more in settlements for her clients. Ms. Blue Baron won the largest mesothelioma verdict in the state of Texas to date: $55 million for Mr. Alfredo Hernandez, who was exposed to joint compound through his years of work in construction.
Ms. Blue’s accomplishments in trial courts nationwide have been widely recognized, including being named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America, one of the Top 50 Women Litigators in the U.S. by the National Law Journal, Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, as well as receiving the Honorary Barrister Award from the University of Texas Law School and the Distinguished Alumni Award from South Texas College of Law. Blue was named Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2006 by the Dallas Bar Association, Top 50: Women Texas Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer); Top 100: Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyer, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer); and Top 100: Texas Super Lawyers Top List, 2003-2014 (Super Lawyer). In 2007, she received the Louise Raggio Women’s Legal Advocate Award from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas and was awarded the Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award from the Texas Bar Foundation in 2008. Ms. Blue Baron was honored to accept the 2009 Rayburn Johnson Award posthumously on behalf of her husband, Fred Baron. In July, 2009 Ms. Blue Baron received Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s “Know Your Power” Award.
Selected to the 2014 Texas Lawyers List, an honor reserved for lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. DMagazine elected her Best Lawyer in Dallas 2014 in Tort Product & Medical Liability Litigation. Honored by Vogel Alcove with the 'Thelma Vogel Award for Vision & Collaborative efforts for Advancing the Services for Homeless Children and Families, 2014.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Blue maintains a private consultancy as a forensic psychologist and is a nationally renowned expert in jury selection. With her unique background, Blue has been a commentator for several high-profile trials covered by Court TV and has co-authored numerous articles on jury selection.
- D Magazine Best Lawyers 2017
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association; Louise B. Raggio Award (2016)
- Access to Justice Award (Dallas Bar Association, 2016)
- Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame (2015)
- D Magazine’s Best Lawyer in Dallas in Tort Product & Medical Liability Litigation (2014)
- 2014 Texas Lawyer’s List
- 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America, National Law Journal (2013)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers in Dallas Selected by Peer Recognition (2012)
- J. Chrys Dougherty Good Apple Award by Texas Appleseed
- Nancy Pelosi’s “Know Your Power” Award (2009)
- Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer from Texas Bar Foundation (2008)
- Louise Raggio Women’s Legal Advocate Award from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas (2007)
- Distinguished Alumni Award from South Texas College of Law
- Honorary Barrister Award from the University of Texas School of Law
- Commentator on Court TV
- Largest Verdicts of 2001 by National Law Journal
- Best Lawyer in Dallas (D Magazine, May, 2001)
- Texas ABOTA Trial Lawyer of the Year, (1999)
- Served on Dallas County Grand Jury, (1988)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America, National Law Journal
- Top 50 Women Litigators in the U.S. by the National Law Journal
- American Express