Area of PracticeTort & Product Liability
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Tort, Product & Medical Liability Litigation (2013)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Tort & Product Liability (2012)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2011)
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2010)
- Best Personal Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2009)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas: Personal Injury (2008)
From the Lawyer (Sponsored)
Charla Aldous is one of the rare lawyers with true courtroom experience. She has represented clients before judges and juries in more than 100 complex, high-stakes cases. A passionate legal advocate, she is praised by clients for her compassion, responsiveness and sensitivity.
Ms. Aldous represents individuals in serious personal injury matters and business owners in complex commercial litigation. In 2011, she served as lead counsel for a local family in the highly publicized case of a teenage girl who was wrongly expelled from the Episcopal School of Dallas after a teacher involved the student in a sexual relationship. Ms. Aldous helped the family win a multimillion-dollar verdict ranked as one of Texas’ largest jury awards in 2011.
Her clients include parties in a wide variety of cases, from catastrophic motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, products liability, wrongful death, professional liability lawsuits, contract disputes, and toxic tort claims.
In her previous role as an attorney for insurance companies, Ms. Aldous learned valuable “inside information” on how big corporations and insurance companies prepare for trial and attempt to derail their opponents — important facts that she now puts to use for her clients on the other side of the docket.
In addition to being recognized in the 2012 D Magazine list of “The Best Lawyers in Dallas,” Ms. Aldous has been featured among the Top 100 attorneys in Texas and one of the state’s Top 50 female attorneys in the annual Texas Super Lawyers listing. She previously has been recognized as one of Texas’ top five personal injury lawyers by Texas Lawyer newspaper, and one of the “Ten Winning Lawyers in America” by The National Law Journal.
- B.A.; Austin College, Sherman, Texas; 1982
- Distinguished Alumni
- J.D.; Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law; 1985
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates-Dallas Chapter
- Executive Committee, 2001-present
- Treasurer, 2006
- President-Elect, 2007
- President, 2008
- American Association for Justice
- The Inner Circle of Advocates
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Personal Injury Litigator of the Year (The Best Lawyers in America, 2009)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2003-2012)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year (Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008)
- Top 10 Texas Super Lawyers (2012)
- Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers (2003-2012)
- Top 50 Female Texas Super Lawyers (2003-2012)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Super Lawyers (2003-2012)
- 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America (Lawdragon, 2007)
- Texas’ Top-Notch Lawyers (Texas Lawyer Go-To Guide, 2007)
- Ten Winning “Lawyers in America” (The National Law Journal, 2005)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation (Lawyers Weekly USA, 2000, 2004)