Sander Gothard, M.D.
Location5425 W. Spring Creek Pkwy., Ste. 200
Plano, TX 75024 | Get Directions
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2016)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2015)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2015)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2014)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2014)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2013)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2013)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2012)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2012)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Family Medicine (2011)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2011)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2010)
- Best Doctors: Family Medicine (2009)
From the Doctor (Sponsored)
As one of Plano’s premier doctors - Dr. Gothard has the distinction of being among a select group of doctors to be recognized 10 consecutive years as Dallas and Collin County's Best Doctors in the specialty of family medicine by D Magazine from 2004 to 2014. He has also received recognition from Texas Monthly as one of the state’s best family doctors. Dr. Gothard specializes in men’s and women’s health, pediatrics, weight loss and immunization. He is highly regarded by his patients and was awarded the 2009 Patients' Choice Award, a prestigious title given to less than 5 percent of the nation's active physicians.
As a founding doctor of Village Health Partners, located in Plano, Texas, Dr. Gothard was recognized as having one of the best family medicine practices in the country by the nation’s leading practice management journal, Physicians Practice. In addition, Village Health Partners was selected as the physician’s office that best utilizes technology and Electronic Medical Records in the country with The Davies Award by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). Electronic Medical Records empowers his patients to make their lives more convenient by offering direct e-mail access with him, the ability to access records online and request appointments, prescription refills and physician referrals.
His family medicine practice is located in Plano’s Legacy Medical Village, a state-of-the-art complex that consists of specialty practices and ancillary facilities offering patients one-stop comprehensive health care. Through Legacy Medical Village Dr. Gothard is able to provide his patients with convenient access to commonly used health related services such as X-Rays, physical therapy, aesthetics and pain management.
Dr. Gothard received his B.A. at The University of Texas at Austin and earned his M.D. at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. He then completed a family practice residency at Memorial-Hermann Hospital in Houston where he served as chief resident.
He serves as the team physician for the Frisco RoughRiders.
Dr. Gothard is a “practice what you preach” type of physician, making a proper diet and exercise, such as the Dallas Marathon at White Rock Lake, part of his lifestyle. He resides in Plano, Texas with his wife and three children. He enjoys jogging with his dogs and coaching his kids' sports teams.
- See more at: http://villagehealthpartners.com/content/staff/dr-gothard