Nick Nicholson, M.D.
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2016)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2015)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2015)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2014)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2014)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2013)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2013)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2012)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2012)
- Best Doctors in Collin County: Bariatric Surgery (2011)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2011)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2010)
- Best Doctors: Bariatric Surgery (2009)
From the Doctor (Sponsored)
Dr. Nick Nicholson is one of the nation's top bariatric surgeons. He's been performing weight loss surgery for over 15 years and has helped over 12,000 people lose weight.
- Internationally recognized as an expert in the industry, instructing surgeons across the country on bariatric procedures on behalf of Johnson & Johnson and W.L. Gore & Associates.
- One of D Magazine's "Best Doctors" in Dallas 10 years in-a-row.
- One of D Magazine's "Best Doctors" in Collin County 2011–2016.
- Best Bariatric Surgeon by Living Magazine Readers' for 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- Currently authoring his third book.
Dr. Nicholson is a specialist in multiple advanced bariatric procedures, because he believes that each patient's unique needs require individual and customized treatment. He is board certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery.
He leads a team hand-picked to provide the information and expertise his patients need for long-term success. These professionals include dietitians, gastroenterologists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, primary care physicians, and a dedicated psychologist, all specializing in weight loss.
After becoming interested in advanced laparoscopic and weight loss surgery procedures during his residency at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dr. Nick continues to pursue his passion in bariatric surgery, expanding his expertise in multiple advanced procedures in the belief that there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to weight loss surgery.
A native of Texas, Dr. Nicholson began undergraduate studies at UT Austin and pursued his MD at University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston before completing his residency at UT Southwestern at Parkland. He now practices bariatric surgery in Dallas, and has been featured multiple times as an expert in his field in various television and magazine interviews. Dr. Nick is active in several organizations, including:
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American College of Surgeons – North Texas Chapter
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Parkland Surgical Society
- Texas Medical Association Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons