The Texas Theatre
Location231 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75208 | Get Directions
NeighborhoodNorth Oak Cliff
The Texas Theatre has a significant place in the history of Dallas. It was opened in 1931 by billionaire Howard Hughes, and then in 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald (President Kennedy's alleged assassin) was captured there. It has changed ownership many times in the years it has been open, but in 2001, the Oak Cliff Foundation was awarded money from the City of Dallas to restore and renovate the building. Aviation Cinemas has since taken over the lease, and operates the theater as an art house cinema (complete with a 35 mm projector and weekly film events catering to obscure and ecletic tastes) that doubles as a live music venue or a dance club, depending on the night.
- Suspiria in 35mm + A Performance by Dallas Neo-Classical Ballet October 31, 2016
- Tuesday Night Trash November 1, 2016
- Tim Heidecker November 4, 2016
- Tuesday Night Trash November 8, 2016
- Tuesday Night Trash November 15, 2016